Sunday, October 6, 2013

2013 Hallyu Dream Concert in Gyeongju

Full video of TVXQ at Hallyu Dream Concert


 My day started at 9 am Sunday morning (this is the day after the Cassiopeia fanmeet on Saturday). Olleh Cassiopeia organized a bus to take ppl to Gyeongju & back to Seoul after the concert. My friends and I registered and we met everyone at Sadang around 9:30.
It was pretty awesome bc it was a bunch of fans traveling together. We tried to watch the Mirotic Concert but 30-40 minutes in, the speakers went out in the bus. T.T

Dating on Earth
 Mirotic Concert DVD

We got to Gyeongju around 2~2:30pm. It was raining off and on. It was miserable. There was nothing to do before the concert and it was an open stadium so we had no protection from the rain. We bought some ponchos to wear and took refuge inside the press tent. When the rain lightened up again, we went across the street where there were some food stalls set up.

We picked up our tickets and they were also giving out KPop magazines for free.
This is the page for TVXQ.





After a quick bite to eat, we took some pictures of the venue banner and went to find our seats. 



 My View of the Stage

 Cassie Section with fan banners



 Everyone in our section wearing ponchos...

Cassie Fan Banner Lit Up ^^


So, the concert was supposed to last from 6-9:30pm. Around 6:05, the top 3 KPop dance teams who competed in the KPop cover dance competition on Saturday. Then the mayor of Gyeongju and 4 other officials came on stage and gave speeches. Afterwards, we did a count down, the mayor pressed a button and fireworks went off! So, we all thought the concert was about to start.
However, we then waited for another 20-30 minutes while the camera crew checked the spot lights and camera angles. The concert actually started around 7 pm.

As per usual, TVXQ were the last to perform. Because of the late start, they didn't come on stage until around 9:30pm. The crowd went crazy and they performed 3 songs-- Catch Me, How Are You, and KYHD. They were the only artist to do 3 songs (everyone else only did 1 or 2). They looked amazingly sexy in their leather studded jackets. I approve  ^.^b
They danced so hard and you can tell that there's a ton of water on the stage. They slipped a few times, but didn't have any major accidents.
At the end of the concert, all the artists came back on stage and sang H.O.T's "Hope" together.
Yunho made some final comments on behalf of everyone and it struck me that he's the sunbae of all these artists. Well, except for Kim Tae Woo but its more Yunho's style to step up and lead others.
I was really proud of my boys. Definitely worth the 4.5 hour bus ride from Seoul. ^^ 
The concert was supposed to end at 9:30, but didn't really end until 10:15~10:20 pm. Got back to Seoul around 2:30 am. Then slept for 4 hours before having to get up for work. I REGRET NOTHING.  

I was so happy that I went and it's been great to see the boys perform in Korea again. Even though I have a feeling that they're not going to release an album this year, I'm really hoping for one. Anyway, here are vids of the individual performances + other artists.

 Performances:
 CATCH ME
 HOW ARE YOU

 KYHD



Other Artists:
People whose performances I liked. 
Tasty. 
 I've heard of them but I never saw their performance or listened to their songs. They were awesome. They hv a very retro sound-- its like swing/tap dance meets hip hop. Very cool. And their performance was amazing. 
M.Pire. 
This is the group that gave a signed cd to Junsu and he tweeted about it. So, I was looking forward to seeing them perform. They had really good vocals and their dance was so hardcore. I can't even believe that they pulled off that routine on a wet stage. I would have been terrified. But, I really enjoyed this group.
Bangtan Boys (BTS)
I have never heard of this group, but wow. They remind me of the Beastie Boys. They're a hiphop group and their song had a really good groove with a mix of hard, fast rap and catchy melody/chorus. And their dance... they came hard and were fierce. I was really impressed.  

Also, I love UKiss. They unfortunately aren't that popular in Korea, but are thankfully popular abroad. They've been really successful in Japan and are given a lot of love from international fans. They are the sweetest guys I've ever met and I adore them. Their performance at the concert was flawless. They were so in sync and really put a lot of energy into their performance.
UKiss (Standing Still/Neverland)
                                     

T-ara (Number 9/Sexy Love)
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment